easyJet is a popular European budget airline, known for it’s bright orange livery and branding.
With it being a budget airline, they can be pretty strict with restrictions so choosing the right carry on is essential.
This post will run you through:
- Size restrictions
- Our 5 luggage recommendations compared
- Fees for excess baggage
- The strictness of easyJet’s baggage rules
- Reviews of each of the 5 luggage recommendations
easyJet Cabin Luggage Restrictions
Standard passengers are allowed one piece of hand luggage: 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (including wheels and handles).
You are also allowed to carry some small items:
- walking stick
- one standard shopping bag of duty free goods bought at the airport
easyJet Plus cardholders are allowed an additional smaller piece of hand-luggage: 45cm x 36cm x 20cm.
|Product||Rating||Type||Size (cm)||Weight (kg)||Check Latest Price|
|Cabin Max Tallinn||Backpack||55 x 45 x 25||0.85|
|Aerolite easyJet Hard Case||Hardcase||56 x 45 x 25||3.2|
|5 Cities Foldaway Soft Case||Softcase||55 x 40 x 20||1.5|
|Aerolite Lightweight Holdall||Holdall||50 x 40 x 20||0.65|
|Rock Madison 4-wheel Spinner||Hardcase||56 x 45 x 25||2.6|
What are the fees for excess baggage?
If you do want a little extra weight allowance for checked bags you’ll need to pay the following fees!
|Fee Type||up to 20kg|
|Online||£13 to £30|
|Airport/Call Centre||£35 to £45|
How strict are easyjet with hand luggage?
As with most airlines, you get stories on either end of the spectrum with some customers experiencing draconian enforcement of the rules while other’s getting away with it.
It’s always better to be safe than sorry and check your luggage fits the approved standards before hand!
Here are some other people’s experiences with easyJet:
5 Bags to Choose when Flying easyJet
Cabin Max are one of the leaders in this space, here’s why you should consider buying the Tallinn.
- Light weight, only 850g!
- 5 year warranty for peace of mind.
- Fits the maximum easyJet allowance.
- 3 zipped main compartments and 2 zipped internal compartments.
- Specific laptop compartment for laptops up to 15″
|55 x 45 x 25 cm|
Since this is a hard case it’s heavier than most but it’ll make sure the contents of your suitcase survive your travels.
- 4 spinner wheels for easy transport!
- Built-in 3 digit combination lock.
- 5 year guarantee from Aerolite.
- Internal separators for your clothes, shoes and smaller items.
|56 x 45 x 25 cm (41L capacity)|
A bit smaller than what easyJet allow this isn’t one for those looking for lots of space.
It is perfect for those looking for a no-hassle, lightweight soft case that can be stored flat when empty!
- Plenty of pockets for storage inside and out.
- Hardwearing and lightweight.
- Stores flat for easy storage.
|55 x 40 x 20 cm (39L capacity)|
With a massive 57L capacity, this holdall will carry everything you need for a week long break while staying within easyJet’s restrictions.
- Huge 57L capacity
- Top handle and shoulder strap carry options.
- Multiple pockets for easy passport and gadget storage!
- Works a gym bag when you’re not travelling.
|50 x 40 x 20 cm (57L capacity)|
Sporting a denim-look fabric, this soft case is available in 4 colours: black, red, blue and grey.
They’re actually manufactured by Samsonite who are renowned in the luggage world for quality!
- Fashionable denim-look fabric
- 4 low profile smooth spinner wheels
- TSA compliant built-in lock for US travel.
|56 x 45 x 25 cm|
There we have it, which bags do you use when flying with easyJet? Share any comments or suggestions below!